—Look On Down From The Bridge
The day began early, five am. My alarm went off but I was awake, staring at the ceiling because I haven’t been sleeping lately. I have a lot on my mind. I need a confidant. I need to confess. Then, driving along winding country backroads as the day rose. Farm country is beautiful country. I wish I…
"He took my order from about six feet away and basically said, over his shoulder, walking away, “I got it,” even though I was still speaking. It was glorious. I tipped him 20% because I like professionals."
one thing i know that used to be on wikipedia and isnt anymore was an image of a wikipedia editor on the page for ‘micropenis’, someone had taken an image of their own naked, badly sunburnt body in full (you could tell it was sunburnt because you could see the mark left by his then-removed watch) and the only edit was a tiny white box covering his face. now someone made that image and chose to upload it, i’m pretty sure it said in the source ‘picture of uploader, taken by uploader’, and on the talk page for that image (in the year i found this i showed this to more than one person, and saw this was actually deleted a while before the image apparently was) there was just one anonymous message, and it said, (i’m paraphrasing), “Oh man, look at that sunburn mark from your watch, talk about embarrassing!”
"Damn that is rough, but so close to being so much worse. On the subject of woods porn, I polled my coworkers and almost all had experienced the phenomenon. It’s almost enough to make me believe in a provident hand."
my friend connor, in response to http://www.theonion.com/articles/group-of-fifthgrade-boys-discover-pile-of-naked-la,35790/
Bruce Davidson At Helen’s Candy Store, Seventeenth Street and Eighth Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, from the “Brooklyn Gang” Series 1959
"of all the ricks in the central finite curve, you’re the malcontent"
To anyone who enjoys LiarTownUSA, here’s a rare and very emphatic recommendation for one of my favorite Twitter accounts, “Unfinished Scripts,” run by a great fellow named Gavin Speiller. If you’re on Twitter (or even if not), I wouldn’t steer you wrong. It’s magical.
Click here for more wonderful samples.
Do it now… this is a temporary post!
They have dismantled the 70’s-futurist exterior of 100 Van Ness and turned it into a gleaming glass tower of 400 luxury condos. Passing by this nightmare, I almost stepped on a coffee cup with the feet of a dead pigeon sticking out. Someone handled a dead pigeon in order to cram it entirely inside a coffee cup and leave it in the middle of the sidewalk. Certain aspects of Van Ness will probably never change.
i profess to love and appreciate tarzan and his derived cultural freight, but i cried when i was told at age 8 by my dad that in the old johnny weissmuller tarzan movies they really killed the animals, like the lions and elephants that the hunters shoot
- this law and order
- alec baldwin is playing jimmy mac, maybe a jimmy breslin a clef character but two-pulitzer winning instead of paltry one-pulitzer winning.
- people all call him jimmy. was jimmy breslin handsome. is jimmy breslin still alive. yeah but the timing is wrong. also i gather he was a touch puffier in his real scrappy days.
- jimmy breslin is an irish writer in america. alec baldwin has portrayed an irish american character in “30 rock” another nbc series.
- jimmy breslin has in the past responded to criticism with racial and sexual invective. fits.
- the muslim daughter targeted for this week’s violence is afraid the detectives will disclose her minor alcohol consumption to her parents.
- the one detective asks if she screamed or cried for help. i feel like you’re as an svu detective supposed not to ask that when the person is describing the attack
- alec baldwin is causing distress to the muslim family, which i feel like it’s only a matter of time
- reference to bill de blasio phasing out horse-drawn carriage pilots
- alec baldwin consumes a hot dog as part of new york city’s new push to have celebrities consume hot dogs in all media. new yorkers are forever eating hot dogs. that is the way of these people
- timely reference to indian rape headlines, probably this will not result in disrupting american complacency w/r/t such things
- "mountain comes to muhammed"-way to, okay, never mind
this is old